During the week our main focus lay on two major features: localization of nodes and access management.
The sprint started with a demonstration by Rasmus and Aske who showed the basic concept for the localization UI. Based on this we discussed the needed features and UI components and finalized the concept which built the basis for the tasks of the following days. Next steps were the creation of backend UI designs as well as the implementation of the different parts needed for the localization user interface (Christopher, Aske, Sebastian).
The topic access management was worked on in parallel. Mainly Andi and Bastian started with the implementation based on concepts which were already created in advance of the sprint. The policy inside Neos' Security Framework was rewritten based on the new concept. This built the foundation for fine grained access control in Neos. Features like the creation of mount points or specific user rights are possible as far as these new concept is implemented.
Bigger features like the content cache and content dimensions as well as the possibility to change nodetypes of existing content or the removal of Ext.Direct (Rens) were finalized, reviewed and merged during the sprint. Dominique took care about creating documentation for these new parts of the system.
These features build the basis for the upcoming TYPO3 Neos 1.1 Beta 1 release (planned for this week).
Next to those major features we also worked on some other parts of Neos
- Optimization and creation of Behat tests (Irene)
- Rewrite of the site import/export to support Nodes instead of only whole sites (Christoph, Berti, Martin)
- Rewritten resource management for TYPO3 Flow for cloud file support and integration in Neos (Robert, Rens)
- Stabilization of removing nodes within content dimensions (Pankaj)
- Schema request optimization: Rens worked on grouping the node type schema into one file so we don’t have to do a serie of requests to the server (which was a performance issue)
- Node type constraints: Rens worked on defining constraints for content like “This column on the page can only contain text and image elements”
- In relation to the UI localization Karsten worked on a translation tool for translating Flow & Neos packages.
- The possibility to split node type configuration into multiple files was enabled allowing NodeTypes.Custom.yaml as well as the default NodeTypes.yaml. (Aske)
- Moving content to different content dimensions so you can keep all the content that you created in older versions of Neos was prepared and is ready to use. (Christian)
- Clearing the new content cache when typical templating files change was also worked on and is currently under review. (Christian)
- Improvement of the “Find FlowQuery” operation allowing recursive search for child nodes as well as finding by identifier (Aske, Christian)
- Improved node link view helper now allowing more arguments in sync with action view helper (Christian, Bastian)
- Make TYPO3CR independent of Neos so it can be used for various Flow projects (Søren)
- Various stability improvements and bugfixe
- Preparation of 1.1, reviews, testing, bugfixing etc.
Share Your Talent
Are you a skilled designer, developer, editor, manager, communicator or have an unusual talent which is missing in our team?
We'll gladly help you to get started and become a contributor by mentoring and sharing our experiences with you.
To get started, start playing with Neos and Flow, then come talk with us via our mailing list or IRC channel. For more hints on how to start contributing to the project, check out our contribution page or just contact our community contact Christian Müller (christian.mueller at typo3 dot org).